ABIDE ANGEL HOME

ABIDE ANGEL HOME!

When the children joined our Abide Angel Home!IMG_20160716_130200.jpg

NOW!

rishitaPAVANI.jpgPALLAVI.jpg

Free Education Program with free hostel facilities:
ABIDE ANGEL HOME offers free boarding, food, nurturing and education for poor children, to help them pursue their studies well.  Our vision is to not allow poverty, adversity or other calamities hinder the welfare of the poor kids! Education brings empowerment!
Without any discrimination on grounds of caste and religion, poor children are identified and enrolled in our Abide School. These children are provided with free food, uniforms, books, text books, medical facilities and much more.

HOW DID IT ALL START!
Heart breaking truth!

•    This is about INDIA!
•    2 million to 3 million prostitutes in India
•    Their age is between 12 to 15
•    WOMEN:24 women land in red light area each day

CHILDREN ARE VICTIMS

•    ALARMING FACTS!
•    Every 2 minutes a child goes missing
•    Out of every 4 victims rescued from Prostitution is a child
•    60% OF THESE CHILDREN ARE HIV POSITIVE

In India, 90 percent of children from poor families remain illiterate despite completing four years of school education. Also, around 30 percent of children reach the illiteracy rate even after attending five-six years of school.  Poverty decreases the chances of students continuing school education for a long time,  only 70 percent of poor kids make it to standard five but the others wither away.  Hunger, struggles, pain, poverty and other distractions draw the children away from school.

LURKING DANGER FOR POOR CHILDREN:

Parents from rural areas migrate for work to different cities with children and take shelter under precarious plastic shanties put up on the roads.  This is most dangerous, they live in the open and many times we read of stray dogs carrying and eating away the babies, these are alarming truths.  Young children are used for house work or let to play on the roads, education is the last thing on the mind of these people.

HOW WE WORK:

Free food, clothes and shelter during the day is what attracts the laborers to put their children to school.  Our academic portions for education is the same as the other schools; however, besides this we also teach them godly values—plus the basics of cleanliness, discipline, manners, character building, personality development and mental strength.  We also teach them managing of funds so that they don’t ruin their lives through reckless living.

Our effectiveness

  • Parents have volunteered to send the children to school instead of work after witnessing the change in their lives.
  • School drop-outs have been benefited enormously through our education and free boarding scheme.
  • Poor children get to wear colorful uniforms, shoes, and come to school like any other normal children.

How it impacts the future and society:

  • Educated children are less likely to become criminals
    Educated children turn out to be responsible people.
  • Educated girls are more likely to marry at the right age and sensibly have less children.
  • Uneducated girls have the wrong conception that they would be respected if they have many children; but an educated women would be cautious and that would have a major impact on society.
  • Children born to educated mothers are less likely to be malnourished
    Educated children are less vulnerable to sexual exploitation and to sexually transmitted disease.
Advertisements